Skin Tag Removal
Skin tags are small fleshy bunches of skin that are found in areas of friction. They are commonly found around the neck area, underarm or in the groyne. They are benign however can be bothersome if they grow larger in the thigh area in cyclists they can rub and then become irritated or infected.
Skin polyps are sometimes present from birth and are a little larger, they have a stalk with a blood vessel that will need to be sealed when the polyp is removed.
Most skin tags are best removed by radiosurgery and are a very quick and painless procedure.
Removal of skin tags and skin polyps are done under a local anaesthetic if they are large. When they heal they very rarely leave any mark or scars.
Summary of treatment
- Treatment length30 minutes
- Treatment levelMedium
- Downtime1 week
- Final result1- 4 weeks
- Need to come early?15 minutes
- Risks/problemsPost treatment redness
- Practitioner levelSurgeon/Director
- Duration ResultsPermanent
- Review?Free review up to 6 months
- For best resultsRadiosurgery
Skin tags do not grow back however if you are prone to these then it will not stop new ones forming. They are easiest to treat when they are small and healing is very quick in this case.
These prices are a guide, more complex procedures are priced accordingly.
Radiosurgery / laser
Each Additional lesion
* As a general rule all lesions will be examined by a Doctor with a special device called a dermatoscope. The majority of lesions are sent for histology however it is important this would need to be clarified by your Doctor at consultation