Tattoo RemovalMedicetics are pioneering a new technique from the USA to use alongside lasers that allow multiple treatments per visit. This topical product and special silicon sheet can reduce treatment sessions by half and leads to better results, in a shorter time for less expense. Tattoo removal at Medicetics minimises and eventually eliminates the appearance of tattoos you no longer want. We use the Ellman's Tri-Lise Q-switched laser to deliver high-quality tattoo removal results. This technology uses a number of different powerful wavelengths to target and break down the pigment within tattoos, which allows the body to absorb them. The end result is clearer skin that’s free from any reminder of your past ink. Most clients need about 6-10 tattoo removal treatments, depending on the size and pigment within the tattoo however in some cases we have reduced this to as little as 4 treatments. These sessions need to be spaced 6-8 weeks apart, thus allowing the body time to absorb the broken-down pigment. To determine if tattoo removal with the Tri-Lise laser is right for you, book your consultation with a Medicetics doctor today.
- Treatment length15-30 minutes
- Treatment levelMedium
- Downtime1 Week
- Final Result2 Weeks
- Need to come early?15 minutes
- Risks/ problemsBrusing, blistering
- Practitioner levelAesthetician/ doctor
- Duration resultsPermanent
- Review?On request
- For best resultsCourse 4-8 treatments
1. New technologies can treat coloured tattoos.
Previous generations of laser tattoo removal could only remove tattoos with black pigment, as they weren’t advanced enough to recognise and target coloured pigment within the skin. Fortunately, today’s laser tattoo removal technologies can do all that and more!
2. Laser tattoo removal is super popular!
You only need to look to celebrities for examples of people removing their tattoos. From Angelina Jolie and Britney Spears to 50 Cent and Mark Wahlberg, more celebrities than ever are opting to erase their tattoos from the past.
3. The procedure is surprisingly fast and painless.
Think laser tattoo removal will take a long time? Think again – most procedures only take a few minutes to administer, depending on the size of the tattoo and the body part where it’s located. As we are a Doctor led clinic we can inject a local anaesthetic to make it a painless process.
4. Know why most people remove their tattoos?
More people remove their tattoos because they’re unhappy with the outcome. Other clients have reported being unhappy with the location of the tattoo, feeling regret over the tattoo, or wanting to erase evidence of an impulsive decision.
5. Not all colours are easy to remove.
Most technologies can remove darker pigment shades; however, you may need to undergo more treatments if red, orange, and yellow pigments dominate your tattoo.
You may be a good candidate for laser tattoo removal if:
- You’re healthy
- You have a realistic goal for your tattoo removal
- You don’t smoke
- You’re committed to undergoing several sessions to remove your tattoo
The number of laser tattoo removal treatments you’ll need vary depending on a number of factors:
- The age of the tattoo (older tattoos are easier to remove)
- The depth of ink
- The color of ink
- The size and location of the tattoo
During your consultation with a Medicetics doctor, you’ll be provided an understanding of how many treatments you’ll need to go through to see ideal results. The procedure itself takes minutes to perform; each session should be spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
Most clients report feeling discomfort during the procedure. Common side effects include skin irritation, blistering, and scabbing. If the latter occurs, it’s important for clients to avoid picking at the scabs so as to prevent scarring.
The cost of removing your tattoo will depend on the size, colour and location of your tattoo on your body. Each tattoo is unique in how it looks and unique in how it responds to the laser.
- “It’s known as ‘skin-prick rejuvenation’ and in France it’s seen …More Medicetics Press »
- MESOTHERAPY Treatment: The French and English don’t see eye to …More Medicetics Press »
- When it comes to achieving your best skin ever, it’s …More Medicetics Press »