IPL PhotofacialIPL laser therapy treatment is a safe and effective treatment for skin conditions such as uneven pigmentation/ brown spots and redness/ rosacea. IPL stands for Intense Pulse Light and essentially uses laser therapy to target problem areas of the skin which are uneven in colour due to sun damage for example. IPL gently heats the lower dermal layers and gradually brings these discoloured cells to the surface. These cells are then removed during the natural course of skin shedding between 3 and 5 days later. Often only a single treatment is required. But if not, regular treatment over the course of 4-6 weeks will ensure that any uneven pigmentation is effectively and painlessly treated. A gel is applied to the skin, and the IPL light therapy is delivered through a handpiece which gently passes over the skin. Within 7 days following treatment, the skin discolouration is greatly reduced. IPL can help to fade sun spots, birth marks and any other discolouration or redness which occurs on the skin. Some patients require a series of treatments 2-4 weeks apart depending on the severity of the pigmentation or redness. Treatments can last between 10-60 minutes.
1. IPL erases city living.
Your skin suffers a barrage of damage from city life. Fortunately, an IPL treatment can erase the impact that free radicals and toxins have had on your skin by increasing cellular turnover.
2. IPL can improve uneven skin tone.
Even if you don’t have sun damage or hyperpigmentation, a few IPL treatments can help you unleash the smoothest, most even skin tone ever.You’ll be ready for your close-up in no time!
3. IPL can also treat rosacea.
If you experience unwanted redness or broken capillaries on your face, IPL treatments can be used to reduce the appearance of redness. With just a few IPL treatments, you’ll feel more confident about your clear skin.
4. Got stretch marks? IPL can help.
Clients who have stretch marks from pregnancy or weight gain benefit from IPL skin rejuvenation. IPL encourages cellular turnover, meaning stretch marks fade faster.
5. IPL is surprisingly comfortable.
Although IPL is delivering heat energy, it’s delivered via a cooling handpiece, which helps manage any discomfort that clients might feel.
Summary of treatment
- Treatment length30 minutes
- Treatment levelMedium
- DowntimeRedness and pigmentation darkening
- Final Result12 weeks
- Need to come early?15 minutes
- Risks/ ProblemsRedness, brusing, blisters
- Practitioner levelDoctor and Aesthetician
- Duration resultsLong term with protection
- Review?On request
- For best resultsCourse 3-4 treatments
You may be a good candidate for IPL skin rejuvenation if:
• You have sun damage, hyperpigmentation, or skin discolouration
• You have fine lines or wrinkles
• You have stretch marks, acne scars, and/or large pores
• You are willing to commit to a full treatment schedule
• You have realistic expectations as to how the treatment can help
Aftercare and Recovery
The treatment itself lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the area that’s being treated. During this time, your Medicetics doctor will use a cooling handpiece to help manage any discomfort associated with the heating sensation. Most clients require 3 to 10 sessions to see optimal results, depending on their particular skin issue.
There’s no downtime associated with IPL treatments; patients can resume their normal activities immediately after a session. Patients should expect to see the skin flaking for about a week after the treatment, which signifies increased cellular turnover and removal of darker pigments.
Prices for IPL skin rejuvenation start from the following:
Our Palomar IPL has a sophisticated cooling system that allows for a higher strength treatment and does not require gel or cooling gas. This means that usually only a course of 3 treatments is required, versus weaker less sophisticated machines that require courses of 5-6 treatments.
From £240 per treatment
NEW! ONLINE BOOKING
You can now book online for selected treatments including facials, laser hair removal and more. (Deposit Required)
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Book a consultation with Medicetics.
Find out what treatment suits you best!
- “It’s known as ‘skin-prick rejuvenation’ and in France it’s seen …More Medicetics Press »
- MESOTHERAPY Treatment: The French and English don’t see eye to …More Medicetics Press »
- When it comes to achieving your best skin ever, it’s …More Medicetics Press »