Eye bags and hollowness under the eyes can be removed by treating the Tear trough region with dermal filler.
Patients that suffer from dark circles and excessive undereye bags can be treated with hyaluronic acid injections. At Medicetics, we use Juvederm® ULTRA by Allergan and Teoxane by Teosya to reduce the appearance of dark circles and undereye bags - all without requiring surgery or incisions. Hyaluronic acid fillers provide instant volumization around the tear trough, thus removing the impression of undereye bags. Clients look awake, wide-eyed, and refreshed after just a single tear trough treatment.
Results from a dermal filler injection can last anywhere from 12 to 24 months, making this treatment a great option for busy clients. It's important that only a qualified doctor with years of experience administer this procedure, as it requires knowledge of anatomy and a delicate hand.
To determine if a non-surgical tear trough treatment is right for you, book your consultation with a Medicetics doctor today.
- Treatment length30 minutes
- Treatment levelAdvanced
- Downtime0-3 days
- Final result2 weeks
- Need to come early?15 minutes
- Risks/ problemsOvercorrection, brusing
- Practitioner levelDoctor/ Director
- Duration results18-24 months
- Review?2 weeks
- For best resultsRepeat 18 months
1. Volume loss is associated with ageing.
As we get older, volume underneath the eyes starts to dissipate, which is why dark circles become much more obvious.
2. Treating tear troughs can minimise undereye bags.
Injecting dermal fillers to minimise dark circles has a secondary benefit – it also evens out undereye bags, making clients look more well-rested and awake.
3. A doctor must treat tear troughs.
The delicate anatomy and newness of the treatment require that an experienced doctor performs this procedure. Don’t undergo this treatment without the oversight and experience of a medical professional!
4. Dermal fillers can also treat nasolabial folds.
If you’re concerned with the appearance of deep lines from your nose to the edges of your mouth, you can use the same dermal fillers to even out and minimise these lines.
5. Not all dermal fillers are the same.
That’s why Medicetics uses Juvederm to treat tear troughs, as it’s considered to be the gold standard for hyaluronic acid fillers that provide instant and natural-looking volume.
You may be a good candidate for tear trough treatments if:
- Have dark undereye circles
- Have excessive undereye bags
- You have tired looking eyes
- Have realistic expectations for your treatment
Dermal filler injections for tear troughs is performed in a single treatment session with a 2-week follow-up. Juvederm will be injected into the tear trough region via a small needle. Clients may be treated with a numbing cream to manage discomfort.
Common side effects can include slight bruising, swelling, and discomfort at the injection site. These side effects typically dissipate within the first week after treatment. Clients can expect results to last anywhere from 12 months to 2 years.
Tear trough treatments start at the following prices:
*Additional £50 when treated by one of our Medical Directors
NEW! ONLINE BOOKING
You can now book online for selected treatments including facials, laser hair removal and more. (Deposit Required)
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Book a consultation with Medicetics.
Find out what treatment suits you best!
- “It’s known as ‘skin-prick rejuvenation’ and in France it’s seen …More Medicetics Press »
- MESOTHERAPY Treatment: The French and English don’t see eye to …More Medicetics Press »
- When it comes to achieving your best skin ever, it’s …More Medicetics Press »